Thesis Statement Writing in College
Writing in college usually takes the form of persuasion - it's convincing other people that you have an interesting, logical viewpoint on the subject you're studying. Persuasion is a skill that you practice every day. In college, your assignments usually deal with persuasion. You're asked to convince the reader of your viewpoint. This type of persuasion, usually called an academic argument, follows a predictable pattern in writing. After a brief introduction of the topic, you state your viewpoint on the topic directly, usually in one sentence. This sentence is called the thesis statement. It serves as a summary of your argument while you are writing a thesis statement.
What is Thesis Statement Writing?
When you are writing a thesis statement, it:
- tells your reader how you'll interpret the importance of the subject matter under discussion.
- is a kind of a road map for the paper; it tells your reader what to expect from the whole paper.
- answers the question asked of you. A thesis is a kind of an interpretation of a question or subject, but it's not the subject itself.
- makes a certain claim that other people might dispute.
- is often a single sentence in the first paragraph that shows the argument to the reader.
If the assignment asks you to take some position or make a claim about your subject, you may be required to convey that position or claim in your thesis statement writing near the beginning of the draft. Your assignment may not explicitly state that you require a thesis statement as your teacher may assume you'll include one. When in doubt, ask the instructor if your assignment needs a thesis statement. When your assignment asks you to interpret, analyze, to compare and contrast, or to take a stand on your issue, it's likely that you need to include a thesis statement writing as well as support it persuasively.
Writing a good thesis statement is the result of a long-term thinking process. Formulating a thesis statement isn't the first thing you do right after reading an assignment. Before you make an argument on some topic, you should collect and organize evidence, as well as look for possible connections between known facts, and think about the importance of these connections. Once you do this thinking, you'll probably have a “working thesis,” a main idea, an argument which you think you can support with your evidence.
Writers use all types of techniques to stimulate thinking and also to help them comprehend the broader importance of a topic and to arrive at a successful thesis statement. It is required for writing a good thesis statement.
Clarify what kind of paper you're writing:
- An analytical paper evaluates an issue or idea, and also shows this breakdown and evaluation to an audience.
- An expository paper explains something to an audience.
- An argumentative paper states a claim about a theme and justifies a claim with specific evidence. This claim should be an opinion, an evaluation, a policy proposal, or a cause-and-effect statement. The aim of an argumentative paper is to convince an audience that the claim is based on the evidence offered.
If you think that thesis statement writing is a tough task for you, you'd better ask for help. We offer this help at the highest level. BuyEssay.org is a writing service which has a team of writers who can solve any of your problems with writing.
Professional thesis statement writing from experts. Leave your order to get your thesis statement on time.
Get a Quote for Your Order:
Fill out a short inquiry form to find out the price quote for your paper. Get a confirmation that we will be able to complete the order with your specific requirements and instructions, especially when your order is a dissertation or a thesis. We will contact you back in regards to your inquiry via the phone number you specify in the form as well as with a confirmation letter to your e-mail address approximately 15-20 minutes after you send us your inquiry.
If you need a custom written essay, term paper, research paper on a general topic, or a typical high school, college or university level assignment, you can place an order right away without prior inquiry.
Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed!
Authenticity of custom essay writing and confidentiality of all information are guaranteed. We do not reuse ANY custom papers and we do not disclose customers' private information.
Order custom written sample essays, term papers, research papers, thesis papers, dissertations, book reviews, book reports, speeches and other assignments. Plagiarism-free, exclusive professional writing in more than 68 subjects.