Organic chemistry Lab report Sample
Students who are new to writing organic chemistry lab reports often meet with academic writing difficulties. Frankly speaking the key to a high quality paper is to provide clear, factual and specific information concerning the theme. You should present the relevant material under appropriate headings in your paper in order to succeed in this type of writing.
Ask Professional Assist
If you are looking for an organic chemistry lab report sample, you are at the right place. Our academic writing company is ready to assist you with your writing difficulties. Acquaint yourself with our example below and if you are satisfied with this paper you can place an order at our website and receive a lab report worthy of praise.
Buy your academic paper at affordable and flexible prices, only $10 per page!
The Determination of Vanillin in Vanilla Extract
In this paper, a solvent extraction method based on the notion that neutral vanillin is decidedly soluble in chloroform was the basis of extraction of vanillin from imitation vanillin extract is highlighted. As such, extraction into this solvent leaves the colored material in imitation vanilla extract in the water layer. Subsequently, the chloroform extract was treated with dilute sodium hydroxide solution. Deprotonation of the hydroxyl group occurred, and the resulting phenolate ion (2) moved into the aqueous phase. This ion had a powerful absorption maximum at 347nm that was used in the determination of its concentration. The experiment described below involves the finding out of the concentration of vanillin in imitation vanillin extract by means of ultraviolet spectroscopy. It the introduces the notion of solvent extraction pragmatically. It was successfully performed; results analyzed and discussed as shown below.
The vanillin extraction from imitation vanillin extracts Experiment procedure
1) Preparation of the (100 µg/mL) standard vanillin solution from commercially available vanillin; using a single or double-beam spectrophotometer capable of measuring required 347nm
2) About 10mL deionized was added to the water imitation vanilla extract.
3) 20mL CHCL3, was added, then shaken well to release surfeit pressure from funnel through the tap.
4) The CHCL3 and aqueous layers was allowed to detach
5) The lower layer of the CHCL3 was drained into a 250mL separating funnel
6) The aqueous layer extraction was repeated with the two additional 20mL CHCL3 aliquots, and then mixed with all the CHCL3 extracts by then containing Vanillin from a 250mL separating funnel
7) 0.1M NaoH 50 mL was cautiously added to the CHCl3 extract, and then shaken to release excess pressure as necessary.
8 ) The CHCl3 was extracted two more times by means of 0.1 NaoH 50mL aliquots.
9) Then all the NaoH extracts were combined into the 250mL volumetric flask.
10) I mL of the vanillin solution was pipeted into volumetric container, and was added to the mark with 0.1 NaoH.
11) Toxic chloroform was put into the residues bottle rather than draining it into the sink…”